MiniDisc Audio Conversion
- Item #: A-010
Conversion From MiniDisc to Audio CD or USB Flash Drive
This service package, as priced, is for conversion / digitizing of MiniDisc (also called "Mini-Disc", "Mini Disc"). Check the photos for examples and dimensions.
Our unmatched, comprehensive audio conversion package is offered at a convenient price, without sacrificing the quality. Your audio content will be captured and restored using the best equipment in the industry and stored on commercial grade durable media. We take pride in our product and we make sure no job leaves our studio without a detailed quality check.
Please select the level of service and the output format desired. Then add it to your shopping cart. After purchasing the service package online, you must send the media in for processing along with a copy of the receipt.
If your recording needs extensive restoration, you may send it in for evaluation. Once we receive and evaluate your originals we will contact you with a detailed report and a non-committing price quote. Click here to print the verification order form.
As with any off-the-shelf music CD, it can be played in stand-alone CD players, boom boxes, HI-FI audio components, car CD players and computers with CD playback software installed. You may purchase duplicates of the CD by adding the option item "Additional CD copies" to your shopping cart.
USB Flash "Thumb" Drive
The audio material is encoded to MP3 Pro format (other options such as FLAC, WAVE or AAC are available on request), and delivered on a suitable USB Flash Drive (a.k.a. “Thumb Drive”). It may be copied to a computer, IPhone, IPad and other similar devices. It may also be played in USB compatible HI-FI audio components and car audio systems.
LEVELS OF SERVICE
All our services include:
- High-end commercial grade capture and playback equipment, best in the industry.
- Audio grade CD media (CD option), custom ordered for maximum durability and playability.
- The quality of the transfer and of the media is guaranteed to be equal or better to similar services offered by leading competitors.
- Audio CD Red Book standard guaranteed.
This level of service includes direct transfer of your media in real time to a commercial CD recorder (Audio CD option), or capture to a digital workstation (MP3 option). All audio material on the MiniDisc will be transferred as a single, unedited track (file). The CDs are delivered in paper sleeves (Audio CD option).
The estimated turnaround for such projects is 15-20 business days plus shipping time for projects consisting of 25 originals or less. *
This level of service accurately fits the standards for commercial recordings:
- Quick digital audio restoration: We developed a unique digital restoration process using the finest tools available today in the audio recording industry. Records have specific problems such as background noise, rumble, clicks and crackle. The recording loses quality due to aging of the media and mechanical degradation. Once processed, your Audio CD will sound louder and clearer with less background noise than the original.
- Manual tracks (songs) separation: Our technicians listen to your recording and manually create breaks. This process is superior to the commonly used automated tracks separation, which always generates false tracks by splitting the songs in the middle (whenever the machine detects a quieter spot) or by adding multiple tracks in the un-recorded portions of the original.
- Peace of mind: We keep a backup copy of your program on our in-house servers for a period of at least 30 days. In the unlikely event that any problem occurs within this time period, you may call us for inexpensive additional copies, without sending the originals.
- Custom title (Audio CD option) printed direct on the CD surface using an industrial process (thermal transfer). Unlike the commonly used inexpensive ink-jet CD printers (which create fuzzy images that smear in contact with humidity), the printing looks and feels the same as store bought mass produced CDs.
- Prioritized Expedited Processing - usually 3-5 business days plus shipping time for projects consisting of 25 originals or less. *
- Maximum length (as priced) is 74 minutes. For longer discs the price must be increased in one hour increments (i.e. a 95 minutes recording shall be considered as two service items).The running time of the disc varies with the recording mode.
- Editing or extensive restoration tasks are not included in this service package. Media with physical damage or which is poorly recorded must be sent for verification. Click here to print the verification order form.
* The turnaround times are only an estimate and are not guaranteed. Based on our 20+ years history we exceeded the above estimates on 95% of the projects. Our workload may increase during the government financial year closing, holidays and scheduled maintenance cycles. If your projects are time sensitive or larger than 25 originals, please contact us for an up-to-date estimate.